Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Product Name:||Seamless Stainless Steel Tube||Materials:||AUSTENITIC STAINLESS STEEL|
|Size Range:||1/8'' - 24''||WT:||5S-80S|
|Specification:||ASME SA312, ASTM A312||Surface:||ANNEALED & PICKLED|
Grade 316 Stainless Steel Round Tubing SS Seamless Pipes ASME SA312 / ASTM A312 1/8'' - 24''
Seamless stainless steel round tube is utilized for many conveyance and structural applications where resistance to corrosion is an important attribute. TP316/316L grades of austenitic stainless steels are similar to 304 and 304L, but with the addition of molybdenum. The addition of molybdenum improves the alloys corrosion resistance, particularly with higher resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion in chloride environments. The austenitic structure allows excellent toughness, even down to cryogenic temperatures. These grades have excellent weld-ability, with or without the addition of filler metal.
Spezilla is a premier worldwide supplier for all your Stainless Steel A/SA312 Seamless Pipe needs. We stock stainless steel seamless round tube as per ASTM A312 in 304/304L and 316/316L. We also supply other stainless grades, including 304H, 316H, 309/S, 310/S, 317/L, 321/H, 347/H, 904L, 330, 254SMO, 410. In duplex grades, we can supply 2205 and 2507. Some nickel grades are also supplied.
Stock Size Range and Specifications:
|NPS (Nominal Pipe Size):||1/8'' through 24''|
|Schedules:||5, 10S, 10, 30, 40S, 40, 80, 80S|
|Specifications:||ASTM A312, ASME SA312|
The following sections describe the properties of TP316/316L stainless grade pipes supplied by Spezilla Tube Co.,Ltd.:
1. Better resistant in many atmospheric environments and various corrosive media compared to grade 304.
2. Resistant to stress corrosion cracking above about 122°F (50°C).
3. Good resistant to pitting and crevice corrosion in warm chloride environments.
4. Corrosion resistance to potable water at ambient temperature range is up to 1000mg/L of chlorides. This reduces to about 500mg/L at 140°F.
5. TP316/316L is commonly known as “marine grade stainless steel”, although it is not resistant to warm sea water.
1. Exceptional oxidation resistance in continuous service to 1700°F (925°C) and in intermittent service to 1600°F (870°C)
2. Fair resistance to carbide precipitation.
1. Excellent weldability by all standard fusion methods.
2. Unlike grade 316 pipes, post-weld annealing for maximum corrosion resistance is not required.
1. Grade TP316/316L stainless steel round tube cannot be hardened by heat treatment.
2. Annealing temperature range is 1900 (1038°C) to 2100°F (1149°C).
1. Recommended maximum forging temperature for 2100°F to 2300°F.
2. It is not advised to forge the alloys at temperatures below 1700°F (927°C).
3. The alloys can provide best corrosion resistance If annealed after forging.
1. TP316/316L stainless steel round tubes can be easily cold worked such as roll form, swaging, cold heading, deep drawing, bent, etc. due to extremely tough and ductile properties.
2. Severely cold formed parts should be annealed to remove stresses.
1. These pipes are somewhat difficult to machine because of their toughness.
2. Grade 316 / 316L stainless steel round tubes are subject to chip breaking. Hence, chip breakers and curlers are advised to be used for achieving best machining results.
3. Large cutting tools and great amounts of cutting fluid must be used for the same.
4. Heavy positive feeds at low speeds are recommended as TP316/316L harden rapidly after work.
Typical Chemical composition % (Max Values, Unless Noted):
|316||0.08||2.00||0.045||0.030||1.00||16.0 - 18.0||11.0 - 14.0||2.0 -3.0|
|316L||0.035||2.00||0.045||0.030||1.00||16.0 -18.0||10.0 - 14.0||2.0 - 3.0|
Typical Mechnical Properties:
TP316/316L seamless stainless steel round tubes are majorly used for following applications:
1. Condensers, Evaporators, and Tanks
2. Chemical Processing Equipment
3. Food Preparation Equipment, especially in Chloride environments
4. Pollution Control Equipment
5. Boat Fittings, Value and Pump Trims
6. Rubber, Plastics, Pulp & Paper Machinery
7. Heat Exchangers
8. Pharmaceutical and Textile Industries
9. Laboratory Benches and Equipment